Each applicant is expected to provide the following information for review by the Physics Residency Committee :
- Completed residency application form
- Statement of interest
- The statement of interest is one of the most important pieces of the candidate’s application. In addition to academic accomplishments and intellectual ability, the selection committee will look for evidence of personal characteristics likely to contribute to successful completion of the Residency program. These include breadth of interest, liveliness of mind and spirit, and the ability to communicate. A good academic record will not outweigh a boring, careless, or poorly written statement. The statement should be no more than two type-written, double-spaced pages in a 12 pt. font.
- Curriculum vitae
- Demographic data with business and/or home address
- Work history including name of current employer
- Immediate supervisor’s name, title and business contact information
- Your titles and the type of work you did
- Education and training
- Start and end dates
- School names and addresses
- Majors and minors
- Degrees earned and dates
- Grade point average
- Titles of Master's and Ph.D. Theses, and advisors' names
- Publication list (separate presentations and peer-reviewed publications)
- Professional organizations and dates of membership
- Official Graduate Transcripts (sealed with official stamp) or emailed directly from the University Registrar’s Office.
- Certificates for any formal training
- Minimum of two and maximum of four letters of reference
- The letters should attest to the candidate’s qualification and must be received from individuals knowledgeable of the candidate’s academic and any clinical background.
- The resident’s visa status should be stated if not a citizen of the United States.
Email application material in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably as a complete packet. Hard copies of official transcripts will be accepted if electronic copies are not offered through the applicant’s university. Emailed letters of reference must be sent directly from the author.
If needed, mail hard copy materials to:
Medical Physics Residency Admissions
UCSD Radiation Oncology
3855 Health Sciences Dr. MC 0843
La Jolla, CA 92093-0843