Moores Cancer Center Programs & Resources
Interested in learning more at Social Work Services offered at the Rebecca and John Moores Cancer Center? Click here for the Social Services section of the Cancer Center Website. http://cancer.ucsd.edu/coping/support-services/Pages/social-workers.aspx
Patient And Family Programs
Each month Moores Cancer Center provides an array of weekly or monthly educational and supportive activities that can help you and your family members cope with the challenges a cancer diagnosis can create. Our Patient and Family Program Calendar identifies
- Support Groups: Patient Support - Caregiver Support - Spanish Speaking Patient Support - Breast Cancer Education and Support - Lung Cancer Patient Support - Graft vs Host Disease Patient Support Group
- Stress Reduction Groups: Wellness& Relaxation – Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Creativity Groups: Change but may include scrape booking, Art and Cancer
- Special Workshops and Events: These events change but may include legal clinics, art work, etc.
- Healthy Eating Program Events: Attend events focusing on nutrition and cancer including cooking classes and lecture series
Click here for the Moores Cancer Center's support services.
Patient and Family Education Room:
The Patient and Family Education Center at the Moores Cancer Center offers a comfortable, caring atmosphere where everyone is invited to learn more about various cancers and treatments. Books, pamphlets, brochures, videos and the internet are all available for patients and their families to use. The center also supplies donated crocheted hats and lap blankets for the hair-challenged and chilly patients. Staffed by understanding volunteers who are either cancer survivors or have been affected by cancer through family and friends, the Patient and Family Education Center welcomes patients and their families to ask questions and learn more about cancer. Click here: http://cancer.ucsd.edu/coping/resources-education/Pages/patient-family-resource.aspx